From time to time, people ask what content limitations there are with Google Sites. For example, the following questions are frequently asked in the Google Sites user help forum:
- Can I build a site for my business on Google Sites?
- Can I sell my own products on Google Sites?
- Can I include affiliate links on my Google Sites website?
While there is no real global answer for these (and other similar) questions, and it is generally best to review each site on a case-by-base basis, it is generally safe to go by the following rule of thumb:
- As long as your Google Sites website does not include affiliate links, and the products you are promoting/selling are your own, there should be no issues with you creating a commercial site.
Also keep in mind that Google Sites has specific rules and regulations surrounding the following types of content:
- Nudity and Sexually Explicit Material
- Hateful Speech Against Protected Groups
- Unlawful Use of Service
- Spam, Malware and Phishing
If you come across a Google Sites website that you feel violates any of the above program policies, you are encouraged to report it to the Google compliance team. This can be done through the Report Abuse
link at the bottom of any page of a Google Sites website.
If you are the owner of a Google Sites website that is disabled due to a violation of the terms of service/program policies, you can contact Google to have the site reviewed for reinstatement. This is done through the following URL:
Please note that requests for review and reinstatement should always be submitted through the above URL. Requests that are posted to the Google Sites user forum are likely to not be received. (The Google team members who monitor the forums are not the same team members who receive requests submitted through the above URL.)
For more information, please see the Google Sites Program Policies
.Have a question, but don't know where to start? Check out the Google Sites FAQ!